Sunday, May 6, 2012

With a Smile and a Song

First off, I am so sorry! I've been terrible at keeping up with my blog! So for that, I apologize.
I'm a bit of a night owl, which often leaves me being my most creative and animated! Speaking of animated. This next look is something I did on a sort of whim!

As I child I always really loved Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves". My mother had a costume made for me when I was three. I would where it constantly! I would never take it off! I would frolic around in the front yard pretending I was in the enchanted spooky forest. I even went as far as singing to the imaginary bird perched on my finger! Oh, let's not forget acting out scenes non stop. My favorite was lacing my arms over my face, letting out a gasp, while the huntsman tried stabbing me with his dagger. My older sister would be so angry when my mom would take me with her to pick my sister up from school because I would still be wearing my costume. Pffttt, I was fabulous!

Another thing I've always been interested in were the Face Characters at Disneyland. The princesses in particular. Beautiful, yet caked with makeup(not really a bad thing to this glamourpuss). Anyways, I did some research on the subject. Turns out the actors have to apply the makeup themselves. Disney rules gives them a color chart to abide by as well as a few products for them to use. You can use your own products, but still following the guidelines to your character. So with that, I wanted to achieve my own "Snow White" look. And here is what I came up with.

I also had a little fun with hair. I even found myself a red bow to grace the top of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment