Friday, September 20, 2013

Style Icon: Priscilla Presley

Jet black locks teased up into a sky high bouffant. Eyeliner wings that can cut men's throats, and eyelashes that can fly you around the world. Priscilla Presley is a 60's icon like no other. There's no doubt that Cilla was/is a Queen! She's beautiful, stylish, sticks to her guns, and is a kind and gentle soul. So it's no wonder why she's an icon to so many people in the world. Myself included.

As a child, I of course had a huge crush on the King of Rock 'N' Roll, Elvis Presley. I even had an Elvis themed birthday party when I turned 8. He was dreamy and magnetic! That was also the same year I became aware of Priscilla. I remember watching the biopic "Elvis and Me". I became enthralled with not only the film, but Priscilla. Now, even at the ripe old age of 8, I knew movies were exaggerated. It wasn't until years later on down the road that I started really looking into who Priscilla was, and what she was all about. It was then that I realized she too was dreamy and magnetic. The way she carried herself was something that I very much admired and had hoped to achieve as I got older. Even today, Cilla still has the same grace. I mean, I could rave about her all day. She's someone who I admired as a child and I still admire her today.

Priscilla's iconic look was something that I have been trying to achieve for many years, and was never really getting quite right. It's so difficult to achieve her makeup accurately because detailed photos of her were in mostly black and white. And the few colored photos were a bit fuzzy. But I feel this look is quite accurate to what she would have rocked during the mid to late 60's.

Let's look at some photos of Priscilla throughout the 60's. Very pic heavy. Most are from her wedding in 1967.

And here is my take on her very iconic makeup! And boy, do I wish I still had long hair, so I could try to emulate her signiture bouffant.


Here are a list of products used to achieve this look:
Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette
Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Eye Shadow Palette
Elf Brow Kit in Medium
Wet 'N' Wild Coverall, 100% Natural Pressed Powder in Medium
Maybelline Full 'n' Soft Mascara in black
NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Pearlized black
Maybelline New York Eye Studio Cream Liner in Black
Model 21 Eyelashes in 42
Coastal Scents 12 Blush Palette
Rimmel London Kate lipstick in 14
Rimmel London Hide the blemish concealer in fair
Lip pencil, no brand??? I don't remember anymore

And now for a tutorial on how to pull this whole makeup look together yourself!

1 comment:

  1. you did a great job with the makeup! and i agree, Priscilla is such an icon <3

    ReplyDelete