Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fly on Little Wing

It's Throwback Thursday!
This is a look I did a while back, that I never got to posting! It's a 1960's Mod cut crease eye with a peachy creamsicle colored lip. I'm a firm believer that every cutie should have this makeup staple in their arsenal! It can be toned down for a more classic sixties chic look, or really dressed up for something bold and dramatic, say for a costume or what I call a "Tuesday Night Face". This particular makeup focuses mostly on the eyes. Lots of black eyeliner and long heavy eyelashes! The twiggies are what really makes this look scream 60's. Orange was a really popular lipstick color during that decade and definitely makes a statement. Though, a nude lip is usually paired with this eye, I thought a toned down tangerine would really liven this look up!

Now, this can be a tricky look, but with a little practice and understanding of your eye shape this can quickly become a 10 minute face! But let me tell you, sweeties, once you've got this nailed, not only is it satisfying but you'll want to rock it everywhere you go! I speak from experience, haha!

Anyways, here are some more photos!


Wanna achieve this look yourself? No problem! Here I have a list of products I used as well as a tutorial!

Products used:
E.L.F Under Eye Concealer
Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in "001 Transparent"
Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in "Translucent Pearl"
Maybelline New York Eye Studio Eyeliner in "Blackest Black"
E.L.F Eyebrow kit in 'Medium"
Maybelline Volum' Express Rocket Mascara in "401 Very Black"
Model21 False Eyelashes in "No. 42"
Duo Lash Adhesive in "Clear"
Sleek True Color Lipstick in "Tangerine Scream"



Thank you so much for reading, sweeties! Any questions? Always feel free to ask down below! xx

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and reading your posts makes me so happy and have cheered me up this afternoon (as weird as that may sound). You have impeccable taste and such a nice way of capturing certain aesthetics with your writing and your make-up looks. Also, you're an absolute DOLL. I hope you post more often. <3

    ReplyDelete