Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I guess it's no Secret. . .

So many people who know me will tell you that I am in love with Jimmy Page. Now laugh all you want but those people will be right. Ever since I was a young child I had this huge crush on him. I remember watching Led Zeppelin concert footage and being completely enthralled by the entire band. I would watch those old recorded VHS tapes over and over again. Each time I watched them, I just couldn't seem to take my eyes off of Jimmy. I don't know what it is about James that I adore so much. Is it his beautiful smokey grey eyes, so intense. Or maybe it's the way he plays the guitar so passionately. Like when he's on stage it's just him and his guitar and no one else. Maybe it's the way his luscious dark locks of hair cradle that angelic face. Maybe it's the way he can wear purple crush velvet, or maybe it was the flaming dragons running up his thighs...I really don't know. How do you describe the attraction to such a man? Now I can sit here and analyze the whole thing repeatedly but I'll get nowhere.
Ahhhh! Seriously, how can you look at that face and not swoon over him?

There's something about his demeanor and character that I find so charming. Although, he is English, and that adorable accent does have it's advantage to us American Girls. It's really unfair when you think about it. But there are plenty more unfair things I can think about in this situation. like the fact that I am 19 years old in 2011, and he's. . .well he's 67 years old. Time sucks. Oh how I wish there were such a thing as a Delorean time machine. Man if there was such a thing I would floor it back to 1968 and meet the man of my dreams. Let's just pray somewhere out there, there's a mad scientist working on that right now.
Dapper. . . Yeah?
I really am just rambling on about this now.
But gaahhh He's just so beautiful

And a girl can dream can't she =)

I'll let you in on another little secret. I will play the beginning line of Achilles Last Stand, just because my name April is in it. Aha I like to pretend that song was for me. Although I must admit if any Zeppelin song could be directed towards me it would be either: Tangerine, Going to California, That's the Way, Thank you, or Fool in the Rain...shoot who am I kidding I would want all Zeppelin songs written just for me. Oh and if you want to hear Jimmy sing...yes I said SING. Listen to "She just Satisfies" by Jimmy Page....amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment