Thursday, November 21, 2013

Style Icons: Pat Bjelland and Courtney Love



I was asked recently on Tumblr to do a Kat Bjelland/Courtney Love Kinderwhore inspired look. I was a bit hesitant at first because I wasn't too familiar with the background of this particular aesthetic. With some research I found out that the Kinderwhore look was inspired by Chrissy Amphlett's look on the Divinlys album cover of "Desperate". The Kinderwhore look was also supposed to be ironic in contrast to the music these women were making. Here you had adult women dresses as prepubescent little girls. Baby doll dresses, knee-highs, and mary jane shoes. Their faces were painted up with loads of eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. Think Lolita meets What ever happened to Baby Jane? Very animated. Here they are dressed as society's vision of what every perfect little girl should look like, but being ruthless, playing their guitars loud, and singing raw vocals!

Here's my take on the look! Could be messier but I'm happy with the results!



1 comment:

  1. Love this look! So great, and you're so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete